Monday, April 25, 2011

KISS ME Banner

I made this for st. Patrick's Day but didn't post it at the time...I guess I just got too busy.
I used Simply Sweet for the letters.  I cut them from a pattern paper then backed them with a green Cs from Stampin' Up.  I don't remember the color name because it was discontinued.  I cut the clover in Wild Wasabi.  This my favorite shade of green.  I think that it works well with pastels, brights or warm colors.  I backed it all with a soft green glitter chipboard (very light weight) that I found at Michael's.
These poms were in the kids craft section at Michael's and look super cute on the end of each pennant.  I bought a few different colors that I will definitely use again!  The ribbon was from scraps that I had left over from previous projects.  I used two different prints and altered them between each pennant.
I have been making these banners a lot lately.  I plan on changing them out for each month.  The kids like them and get excited to "help" when I make a new one.  I missed one for Easter but I see a "Spring" one in my near future....stay tuned.

1 comment: