Tuesday, June 14, 2011

America Banner

I love, love, love how this turned out! 
I used a really think glitter card stock that I found at Michael's.  It is perfect for the banners because it is really strong.
Most of the cuts are from the Independence Day Solutions Cartridge.
I really liked the wagon, reminds me of the small town parades in Utah, where I grew up.  I wasn't thinking when I cut the letters and the top of the wagon in white.  Adding the ribbon was a great solution and made the wagon more patriotic.
I didn't like the way the white shadow was lost on the silver glitter paper so I used the same idea as the wagon.  Now you can really see Lady Liberty!
I found these brads on a website years ago and loved them.  I was just waiting for the right project to use them on.

The letters are from the Storybook cartridge and then embossed with the big circles folder. 
I really like making things to display in my home for the holidays.

Stay tuned....later this week I'll show you how I went all out for my sons Lego Birthday!

1 comment: