Thursday, May 19, 2011

Captain Cool

In 2005 my Hubby and I sold our first home and purchased a new one.  We had to downsize to an apartment for three months until the new one was finished being built.  We were only allowed to take essentials and the rest was stored in a semi-trailer until the house was finished.  I didn't know what I was going to do without my scrapbooking supplies.  (I did take some stuff with me hehehe.)  It ended up being alright because it was summer and we could spend a lot of time at the pool.  Dylan really liked the pool too.  He would get so excited every time I put on his swim suit.  Isn't it funny how kids just know what's coming by the routine we create.  He loved the boat and would sometimes get angry when it was time to leave.
I did this layout while at a crop a few months back.  It was for a page layout contest using buttons....I am not a button person so this was really hard for me.  I had a sticker kit that matched the colors in the picture so I wanted to use it.  I added the "Captain",welded with the Gypsy in yellow and the COOL for the title.  I thought it was cute, since he is the captain of his boat.  LOL 
I used twine to tie the tag from the "O" and did a little journeling.
...And here are my buttons.  I like how the colors all work together and how bright and cheery the layout is.  It will be perfect for the wall of scrapbooking layouts lining the hall to the kids rooms. 

3 comments:

  1. super fun. Love the buttons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute! Everything works perfectly together. Thanks for stopping by my blog- I'm following you now too, and can't wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layout, perfect for the subject. Love those colors! Thanks for joining my blog.

    ReplyDelete