Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Brand New Blogger

I've wanted to start a blog for a long time so I could share my paper creations with friends and family.  I didn't start sooner because I just could not think of a cute name for my blog that wasn't already taken.  Then a few weeks ago it came to me, "Once Upon a Paper" because that is how every story about a paper project should begin! Right!?  I have many projects, cards and scrapbook layouts to share.  So in the beginning I will post (wishful thinking) two times per week.  After that my goal is to do at least one per week but we might get lucky. 

At work I'm always the one who is volunteered to make the card for a special occasion or to go with the gift to a co-worker.  I had fun with this one!  The gift we got for the new baby boy was all rock star themed so to keep with that I created this card.  The background is Stampin' Up Real Red patterned paper.  I double matted it with Black and Real Red card stock. 
I used the New Arrival Cricut Cartridge to cut the Onesie out of SU Bashful Blue CS at size 2.75 then shadowed in black and pop up.  The guitar is cut from Paper Dolls for Everyday in SU Real Red at size 3.5 with Black Diamond Stickles for the center hole and the little knobs, also popped up. 
The star is cut from glitter paper using Makin' the Grade at size 2.5 and popped up.  "Future" is cut from Cursive 101 font then welded together on the gypsy in black.  "Rock" is cut from Don Juan also in black.  
The ribbon is SU Bashful Blue 1" double stitched.  I fringed the ends of the ribbon to keep with the rock star theme. 
I hope this gets your story started. 
Once Upon a Paper a card for a new baby was made.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment