Friday, September 3, 2010

It's a Boy..again. :)

My cousin-in-law, Kim (hubby's cousin) had her 4th baby, a boy a few weeks ago.  I went to Gymboree and got him three little outfits all with a cute alligator or alligator print.  There was even a matching blanket.  It had the alligator print on one side and a bigger alligator embroidered in the corner of the opposite side.  I used SU Bashful Blue, Gable Green, Certainly Celery and Close to Cocoa for the color pallet, which matched the gift perfectly!
  The alligator looked just like this one from the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge.  "Al" was cut at 2" using all the shadow and layer features.   I popped him up and added wiggly eyes for more fun!  
The Ribbon is Bashful Blue 1" Double Stitched from SU tied in a knot.  The tag is made with the large and small SU tag punches then layered.  It is tied to the knot with a fiber from my stash.  I finished the tag with "It's a Boy" from the cuddles and tickles SU stamp set, which is great for baby cards.
The kids loved the alligator so much that they wanted to make "projects" too.  For Syd we did the back in pink and cut it at 2.5" and for Dylan we did blue but bumped the size by an inch.  They had fun pushing all the buttons on the Cricut and putting it all together...and I did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment