Thursday, September 9, 2010

Flower Cards

I was a Junior Achievement volunteer at my sons school last spring.  This is a program that uses volunteers to teach kids about financial independence starting with kindergarten up through 12th grade.  I would go to the school one day per week for 5 weeks and teach the kindergarteners about coin recognition and values, earning money and saving money.  I wanted to do something special the last week so I went to oriental trading and bought each child a mini piggy bank that they were able to paint themselves.  I could either spend $15 to have them shipped or buy something else for about $3 more.  I chose these flowers, they were on clearance for $2.95.  They sat around for a long time until I realized they were a perfect match to Stampin' Ups Razzleberry Tart DSP.  Needless to say they turned out great and are beautiful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment