Monday, September 20, 2010

Nuts About U

My friend Kristy made a card similar to this for her hubby.  I loved it so much I was forced to crop-lift and make one for mine too.  Just because.  This is all cut from the Create A Critter ccartridge, which is my favorite right now.  I like it so much that I carry the booklet around and keep looking through it.  For this card I used all SU Card Stock and DSP: Night of Navy plaid, Crumb Cake, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke and More Mustard.  The ribbon I borrowed from a friend who found it for a ...$1.00.
I popped the acorns and tied some fibers around the top.  But first I ran them through the Big Shot for some texture.  I used Tim Holtz burlap embossing folder...love it!
I popped the squirrel too and gave him some wiggly eyes.  I love wiggly eyes on the Create A Critter characters.  I think it makes them super cute.  With they Gypsy, you can tell it not to cut the eyes then you can put the wiggly eyes anywhere to make different facial expressions on your critters.
Last I used some Crystal Effects on the "U" to add a little shimmer....mostly because I put glue on the wrong side and it is an easy fix.  I put glue on the wrong side often so the Crystal effects or Stickles are my go too fix all.  
Until next time....squirrel.


No comments:

Post a Comment