Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Love Bouquet

I got this idea from another blog but I can't find my notes anymore.  If you have seen it before and know the site let me know so I can give credit.  I wanted to make something for my mom and when I saw this I knew she would love it.  I'm not sure how the original creator put everything together but here is what I did.
I used the scallop edge heart from the Sweethearts cartridge.  Cut two but then removed the top of one.  Adhered them together to make a "pocket".   I used my Gypsy and welded half circles together then added the small holes to make the silver trim for the front pocket. 
The flowers were cut in various sizes from the Sweethearts and Mothers Day Bouquet. 
I layered them and used different sized, colored and shaped brads.
I used Doodletype along with the Gypsy again to make the title and weld the letters together.  Then, I tied some red/white twine around the bottom, this also helped to keep the hearts together.  I used a white pen and added some doodle dots all around the scallops.
The best part is ...my Mom LOVED it!!!

...tune in tomorrow for the "spring" version that I made for my Mom.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - this is so awesome! I absolutely love it! I also love the watering can! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...I am now following you as well! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete