Friday, March 18, 2011

Vroom!

My son has been wanting to ride his bike without training wheels but was too scared for a long time.  Well he finally did it.  There were a few close calls and once he even ran into his Nana's car but he did it!
 I used paper from a stack of leftovers that I had.  It reminded me of the little pebbles that are pressed together to make roads.  I used Indie Art to make the skull and cross bones to match his helmet.  He really liked that I added it to his page.
 I used the shadow feature of V, R, M and the bicycle tires to resemble the OO's for the Vroom title.  I welded them with my gypsy but kept the top layers separate because I wanted them different colors.  I thought the different colors looked better that using only one color and it also incorporate all the colors I used on the page.  I added brads to the wheel axle's.  Makes it look like a real bicycle, huh!
 My girlfriend has these cute little paperclips that were shaped like the "thumbs up" sign.  I added a couple of them on the edges of the pictures along with some stars that I had.  They were great!! 
 But best of all Dylan likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment